I just had to add this… I am a huge Stephen King fan, just ask anybody that knows me and they will confirm this, so when I was alerted that he was going to release a new novel later this year, the much anticipated Under the Dome, I was… well… overjoyed to say the least. For those of you out there who just can’t wait till then… the following list, as posted on Mr. Kings site will have to do. (Personally, I like number 19 the best.)
From King’s official site
Messages From Stephen
12:32pm June 1st, 2009:
Summer is short and entertainment is vital. Therefore, make sure you take advantage of this June’s suggestions. Would I steer you wrong? Hell, no! So here they are:
- Fangoria’s anniversary issue, on sale now.
- Bruce Springsteen’s Seeger Sessions.
- James McMurtry’s Just Us Kids. Real alt-country rock and roll.
- Apple pies from Checkers. They come rolled in cinnamon. Yum!
- Waffles and eggs at Waffle House. Hash browns loaded with cheese optional.
- Monster Truck Jam (as long as you root for The Gravedigger to lose.)
- Ride the Boulder Dash wooden roller coaster in Bristol, CT.
- Listen to the entire Metallica catalogue. Then get your ears checked. You know you’ve been meaning to do it.
- Go to the beach on a motorcycle with your honey.
- Read Nobody Move, by Denis Johnson.
- Read Gone Tomorrow, by Lee Child.
- Read Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline.
- Read The Way Home, by George Pelecanos.
- See Drag Me to Hell, directed by the incomparable Sam Raimi.
- Play AC/DC in your car with the windows rolled down and the volume all the way up.
- Root for the Red Sox to bury the Yankees.
- Pray for Big Papi (David Ortiz).
- Wear your sunglasses at night.
- Watch for an excerpt from Under the Dome in Entertainment Weekly.